The Institute of Asian Research would like to invite UBC graduate students working on research in Asia to apply for the IAR Research Travel Grant. The grant will award $1000 to successful applicants who plan to travel for field work.
The fund should go toward research
- Related to key contemporary issues in Asia, including social, political, cultural, or economic
- Which require travel between March 2023 to Dec 2023
Application period: JAN 16 – FEB 16
Deadline: FEB 16, 2023
Applicants should submit their application with required documents to email@example.com.
The applicant must either be a current Master’s or Ph.D. candidate at UBC whose research is focused on Asia. They can be either domestic or international students.
- Short research proposal (approx. 1 pg)
- An email of support from a UBC faculty member
- Budget for Research and list of other sources of funding
Each application will be evaluated based on:
- Strength of the research proposal
- Suitability of research topic
- Academic and professional experience and qualifications
Successful applicants will be notified by March 15, 2023.