GPP 504: Policy Analysis and Evaluation (3 credits)
Date of Posting: January 7, 2019
Period of Employment: Term 2 (January 1 – April 30, 2019)
Hours: 192 hours for the period of employment
Instructor: Dr. Cesi Cruz
Lectures: Tuesday & Thursday 10:00 – 11:30 am
Location: Liu Institute for Global Issues, Multipurpose Room
Current Salary: Graduate Teaching Assistant I (Doctoral) or equivalent – $32.53/hour; Graduate Teaching Assistant II (Masters) or equivalent – $31.30/hour
Course Description & Learning Objectives:
This course covers the fundamentals of policy analysis and program evaluation. We will focus on understanding the policymaking process and evaluating different policy options both quantitatively and qualitatively. We will cover the methods used for policy analysis and apply these tools to a real-world case. This is a hands-on class that is intended to prepare you for conducting policy analysis and program evaluation for government, NGOs, and international organizations. This includes learning to communicate effectively and operate in a professional context.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Assess trade-offs with policy changes and identify winners and losers associated with policy changes
- Apply the standard tools of policy analysis to design policy interventions
- Conduct policy analysis and risk assessment
- Design and implement systems for monitoring and evaluating policy
- Present ﬁndings in a professional context using various forms of communication
Please submit a current CV and completed application form to: email@example.com
The deadline for submission is January 21, 2019.
UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.