The area Centres and Programs at the Institute of Asian Research at UBC’s School of Public Policy and Global Affairs (SPPGA) are offering Summer RAships for graduate students associated with the Centres and Programs or the Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs (MPPGA) program at the SPPGA.
These RAships are intended to support work by such graduate students related to their program of study under the supervision of a UBC faculty member (IAR Centre or Program or SPPGA related faculty or their formal academic supervisor). These RAships will run from May to August 2020 and generally provide a stipend of $3,000.
Interested graduate students may apply with the following:
- Identification of which IAR Centre or Program with which you are associated (Centre for India and South Asia Research, Centre for Southeast Asian Research, Centre for Korean Research, Centre for Japanese Research, Centre for Chinese Research, Himalaya Program, Canada-China Program, or Central Asia Program). The relevant management committee will adjudicate related applications.
- A short (one page maximum) proposal of what work, research, writing, professional development work you propose to do this summer and projected output by August.
- Identification of your academic supervisor who will support this work and their contact (email is enough) so the adjudication committee can contact them concerning your application.
- Statement on alternate income/support for Summer 2020: are you going to be teaching or TA-ing for pay this summer or are you receiving other employment, grant or fellowship or RA position during May-August, 2020?
- Recipients undertake to provide a final report in August 2020.
Eligibility: Currently registered graduate students at UBC (or graduating in May 2020) associated with IAR Centres or Programs or the MPPGA degree program at SPPGA.
Applications: Applications should be submitted to Karen Jew at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “IAR Summer RA opportunity.” Each Centre or Program will handle the selection of candidates and inform candidates of results.